CDL-A STUDENT TRUCK DRIVER JOBS
Pave A Path Towards Success With CDL-A Student Truck Driver Jobs
At Covenant, we not only mold motivated professionals into successful CDL-A drivers, we provide them with a clear, 3-step process towards career progression and growth.
STEP 1 – STUDENT:
Begin your journey by going on the road with a Certified Trainer to complete 180 hours of training and 4-day finishing school. Once completed, you will upgrade to Team Driver.
- Student drivers earn $600/week ($625/week if Hazmat endorsed)
- Covenant will pay for your Hazmat training!
STEP 2 – TEAM DRIVER:
Spend 60 days with your co-driver to strengthen your skills and keep you focused on safety. Find your own driving partner or let us help you find your perfect fit with our team driver matching program.
- 42 CPM – Hazmat (40 CPM base, plus 2 CPM safety bonus)
- 40 CPM – non-hazmat (38 CPM base, plus 2 CPM safety bonus)
STEP 3 – OTR:
After completing your time as a team driver, you will upgrade to OTR – this typically happens within a 3 ½-month time span.
- 52 CPM – Hazmat (50 CPM base, plus 2 safety bonus)
- 50 CPM – non-hazmat (48 CPM base, plus 2 CPM safety bonus
Extra Pay Opportunities (for every step of your career):
- $15,000 tuition bonus
- $40,000 teaming bonus
- Safety bonus – bonus accrues weekly and is paid out quarterly if driver maintains clean driving record throughout the quarter
- Clean DOT inspections: $75/each clean inspection
- Referral bonuses: $500 qualified solo; $1,500 qualified team; $3,000 qualified Hazmat team
Your 3-day orientation will consist of one-on-one interaction with various departmental personnel in addition to classroom time, driving time, a drug test, and a physical aptitude test. Each orientation location has its own schedule. Covenant will cover your lodging costs, plus $150 in orientation pay.
Family Plan & Buddy Plan Training:
The Covenant Family and Buddy Plan training allow for husbands and wives or friends/other family members to train together!