CDL-A MILITARY VETERAN TRUCK DRIVER JOBS
Operation Victory Program
Now, more than ever, military veterans are looking at the trucking industry as a place to build a new career. In response to their needs, and to add exceptional drivers to our fleet, we are pleased to offer military veterans’ extra advantages through our Operation Victory programs. Throughout our 30+ year history of hiring and training professional drivers, we have valued the additional skills, discipline, and experience military vets bring to the job.
The Covenant Transport Apprenticeship OJT Program is approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Registered with the Department of Labor. This allows veterans to utilize their Post 9/11 GI Bill® and receive a monthly stipend from the Department of Veterans while participating in the program.
- VET 1 – Initial Training – 180 hrs/Professional Trainers Truck
- $650/week salary (no hazmat)
- $675/week salary (with hazmat)
- VET 2 – OTR Trianing – 60 Days
- .40 CPM without hazmat
- .42 CPM with hazmat
- $750 week minimum*
- VET 3 – Mentoring – Graduate from OJT at day 365 of training
- .50 CPM without hazmat
- .52 CPM with hazmat
- $850 week minimum*
- $1000 week minimum* after 1 year
- VET 4 – Trainer – Vet 4 will train/mentor a Vet 1 or Non-OJT
- Student for at least 180 Vet 4s will conduct this type of training for a max of 12 months.
- .72 CPM + Student Upgrade Bonus Potential
Each vet will receive a minimum of 1200 dollars per month for their BHA from the VA depending on how much they have used previously BHA amount is based out of Chattanooga. The minimum BAH that veterans will obtain for 24 months is $28,800.
Military Experience We Will Credit
Both Covenant’s and SRT’s OTR pay scale is based on driving experience. For veterans who have been generally or honorably discharged in the last 7 years, we will be credit service time experience based on the following:
- 100% of Your Military Drive Time
- A Veteran with Primary Specialty 35XX, 1391, 88M, 92F, or 2T1X1.
- 50% of Your Military Time
- Veterans who served in a non-transportation capacity.
If you’re ready to make your transition from the military to a rewarding civilian career in trucking, Covenant has the perfect program to support you!
What is Operation Victory?
Operation Victory is new military program for the OTR division at Covenant Transport and SRT that credits military service time for truck driving experience.
What About Freedom Fleet and MPACT?
We are consolidating all military programs under the Operation Victory banner. Those programs are still in
use, but now fall under Operation Victory.
What Do I need to Prove My Experience?
You just need to supply a copy DD214/215 or NGB 22/22A with Honorable or General Discharge. If you are an active member of the Reserves or Guard, you will need to supply a current military ID with a copy of your orders.
Are Active Drivers Eligible
Absolutely! Have them call 888.604.2557 ASAP.
When is This Getting Rolled Out?
The program will be rolled out on 12/1/2019.
Do Current Drivers Get New Decals and Hats?
Yes, these will be available in Quarter 1 of 2020. They will be distributed from the Chattanooga and Texarkana terminals. Call 888.604.2557 for details.
Each Vet will receive a minimum of 1200 dollars per month for their BAH from the VA depending on how much they have used previously.
BAH amount is based out of Chattanooga. The minimum BAH that veterans will obtain for 24 months is $28,800
Additional Pay Opportunities:
- $15K student bonus
- $40,000 teaming bonus
- $7,500 5-year anniversary bonus
- Orientation amenities: lodging & meals provided
- Orientation pay: $150 for 3-day orientation
- Hazmat team pay: 6 CPM to each hazmat-endorsed team driver
- Clean DOT inspections: $75/each clean inspection
- Safety pay: 2 CPM